Hillary Clinton in Philadelphia on Sunday. The F.B.I. informed Congress on Sunday that it has not changed its conclusions about Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server as secretary of state. (The New York Times)
“WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, told Congress on Sunday that he had seen no evidence in a recently discovered trove of emails to change his conclusion that Hillary Clinton should face no charges over her handling of classified information.” (The New York Times)
What is particularly shocking in this story is not only the timing of Mr Comey’s decision to re-open the investigation into Mrs Clinton’s emails, but the fact that Mr Comey knew that re-opening the investigation would not show criminal wrongdoing on the part of Mrs Clinton, but would give Mr Trump an advantage.
It was obstructionism, i.e. putting obstacles in the way of a nominee, and it was political. Mr Comey gave Mr Trump an advantage. Mr Comey all but removed Mrs Clinton’s bid to the presidency of the United States by suggesting partisanship.
It is for the American electorate to choose the President of the United States, not the FBI. By announcing it was re-opening its investigation regarding emails sent from her personal computer, the FBI put Mrs Clinton under a cloud of suspicion. She is a strong woman, but the stress the announcement generated was harmful.
- Donald Trump is a “national disgrace,”
- Donald Trump is an “international pariah,”
- Mrs Clinton is an “experienced” politician.
Retired General and former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who is not an admirer of Mrs Clinton, has stated that he would vote for her because she is an experienced politician. He has called Donald Trump a “national disgrace” and “international pariah.” If Donald Trump is a “national disgrace” and an “international pariah,” voting for him makes no sense. One may as well jump off a plane without a parachute.
I share Mr Powell’s view. Mrs Clinton is a veteran politician and a former Secretary of State. She is “by leaps and bounds” the more qualified nominee. As for Donald Trump, evidence points to his suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. If Mr Trump believes he can be President of the United States without being elected, he is indeed a very sick man. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is relatively easy to detect. Narcissists care for one person only, their person.
Platform & Programme
I have written several times that Donald Trump has failed to present a coherent platform or program. He doesn’t, except for despicable goals.
Normally, I avoid redundancy, but I am quoting New Yorker journalist Adam Gopnik for the second time. Mr Gopnik writes that:
His [Mr Trump’s] platform is resentment and his program is revenge, and that is an ideology with many faces and one name. This is fascism with an American face.
- Economists foresee a disaster and oppose Donald Trump. (The Wall Street Journal)
- The Atlantic endorses Mrs Clinton, or disendorses Mr Trump.
- Mr Trump has been endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan.
PRESS ON “The Editorialists Have Spoken… ” TO READ THE ARTICLE
The United States is a Democracy
He would, in other words, exercise absolute power over the American people, depriving them of what has made America great: the freedom to choose their leaders and to live a private life.
Who would have thought, a year ago, that Donald Trump would be the Republicans’ nominee for the presidency of the United States? Americans have been taken by surprise. Could this be an American Brexit?
I’m with Colin Powell. If I were an American citizen, which I am not, I would vote for Hillary Clinton because she is the competent candidate, not Donald Trump.
Remember that Donald Trump
- wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans from entering the United States;
- that he will not allow Muslims into the United States;
- this is how he will deal with the Migrant Crisis brought about by Isis and Autocratic regimes;
- that he is a racist, endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan;
- that he does not like women, he’s a misogynist, has assaulted women and may have raped a 13-year old;
- that he will abolish Obamacare: the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act;
- that there is little doubt that he suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder;
- and that he does not care for the people of the United States.
The only person Donald Trump cares about is Donald Trump.
- The US Election: its Aftermath (17 November 2016)
- A Breech of Protocol (5 November 2016)
- This is Nonsense (2 November 2016)
- The Campaign: a Nightmare (1 November 2016)
- A Democracy. A Right to Vote (30 October 2016)
- DECODING THE DONALD PHENOMENON – Call it what you want. There is an explanation for his behavior: twoifbycharmwordpress.wordpress.com
- November 8, mere days from now (27 October 2016)
- Mr Trump & “trumpisms” (22 October 2016)
- Mr Trump as President? It’s still no! (15 October 2016)
Love to everyone. ♥
John Philip Sousa
Semper Fidelis – “The President’s Own” US Marine Band
© Micheline Walker
7 November 2016