“Still life with Daisies” or “Marguerites”
Marc-Aurèle de Foy Suzor-Coté (1869 – 1937)
I would like to be able to say that I am the artist who made the above painting, but it would be a lie. This is one of Suzor-Coté’s paintings. I consider it a privilege to be able to see flowers so beautifully depicted.
The United States: The Etch-a-Sketch Day
The Etch-a-Sketch day (click to see the story)
Today was a special day in the history of the United States. Americans were made to realize, albeit inadvertently, that the person who will oppose President Obama in the November election might not have become the leader of his party by telling the truth. I knew this but, suddenly, so does every body else.
I have been receiving Questions and cannot answer each of them. So here are, to the best of my knowledge, a few right answers:
- one does not need to know HTML to write a post or blog;
- the platform I use is WordPress.com;
- blogging does not have to be expensive: in fact, it can be free;
- blogging can be very demanding, depending on one’s goal;
- there may be “white” pages, because the administrator is updating her blog;
- I do not know how to keep hackers away;
- one may quote elements of my blogs, provided one acknowledges one’s source.
I hope the above is fairly comprehensive. Where technical issues are concerned, I am occasionally at a loss, but I think I am slowly making progress.
* * *
But let us focus on Suzor-Coté’s Still life with Daisies and these Apples.
February 21, 2012